A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The IT Project Coordinator will take on the management of key technology projects with the goal of delivering every assigned project on time, within budget and within scope. Candidates should have experience managing to deadlines, performing non-routine research and providing oversight of projects to ensure timely and effective project development and completion.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Coordinates program or project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Establishes project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitors, reviews, and evaluates progress;
- Participates in project budget planning and development;
- Coordinates and attends meetings; establishes and maintains internal and external contacts as necessary;
- Provides advice to participants; serves as a liaison; Ensure resource availability and allocation by Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. May supervise other project staff; assigns tasks; sets priorities;
- Acts as a project resource person by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and preparing reports;
- Successfully manage the relationship with business contacts and all stakeholders. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
- Prepares records of project activities; oversees and ensures the timely processing in and the delivery of required materials;
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all data and information used or generated by project; resolves any discrepancies or problems;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Vice President, Information Technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment; Good coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science, information systems, IT Audit/Compliance or engineering;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Proven working experience in project coordination in the information technology or compliance sector;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize project planning process;
- Ability to accurately review and complete detail oriented information and projects;
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, including client-facing and internal communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with wide range of people;
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision;
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude;
- Knowledge of the following software packages: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite;
- PMP certification is a plus.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field required;
- Minimum 5+ years experience in system implementations and/or project management.
- 7+ years related professional experience.