A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner works as a strategic partner to business units and serves as a resource on all Human Resources related matters for the Midland office. The incumbent assesses and anticipates HR related needs and communicates proactively with the corporate HR department and appropriate end-users. The Senior HR Business Partner formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value to the Midland office and organization as a whole.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Build strong partnerships with employees at all levels to foster trust and accountability, ensuring that HR needs are met in a timely manner and with the highest level of customer service;
- Partner with Midland and Pecos field office leadership to ensure seamless execution of HR-led processes including performance management, year-end compensation, and other business-specific strategic HR initiatives;
- Develop an intimate knowledge of current talent enabling input into succession planning, compensation, high performers/high risk, sourcing processes, promotion decisions, and cross-business development opportunities;
- Incorporate business strategy into specific HR deliverables that benefits the various departments and meets the organization’s vision;
- Provide guidance, coaching, and resolution to employee relation matters, i.e. discipline, grievances, absenteeism, motivation, conflict;
- Identify and implement best practices to align and collaborate with the functional HR team to ensure high standards of service;
- Stay apprised and informed on basin specific trends regarding compensation, recruitment, benefits, etc.;
- Work with functional HR teams to design effective programs, processes, and policies;
- Coach and counsel employees and supervisors on HR policies and procedures;
- Manage and perform recruitment initiatives in partnership with corporate recruiting function;
- Partner with Compensation and managers to facilitate calibration sessions regarding annual performance review periods;
- Assist with training initiatives and partner with Learning & Development on execution including facilitation;
- Provide support on employee benefits related questions and initiatives;
- Perform day-to-day HR administrative tasks insuring compliance and accuracy;
- Coordinate special employee engagement activities;
- Oversee New Hire Onboarding and New Hire Orientation;
- Execute ad hoc requests and assist with special projects and other initiatives as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
Possess working generalist experience in HR related matters and communicate meaningful contributions on a variety of topics;
Identify and prioritize key HR needs and develop & implement appropriate programs;
Strong understanding of the overall business environment, company culture and HR systems and processes;
Foster relationships and act as an ambassador for the Company and industry;
Handle personnel issues with confidentiality and respect;
Understanding of company-wide compensation and benefits systems;
Knowledge of current key rules, laws and regulations related to human resource function;
Knowledge of external working environment and the industry;
Capacity to work independently and in team settings with concentration on the goal and common good;
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to multi-task;
Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
Includes 10% - 15% travel to other PDC locations.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
Bachelor’s degree required, in human resources, general business, or related field;
Minimum of 5+ years of experience in progressive levels of human resources;
Oil & gas industry experience is preferred;
PHR or SPHR preferred.