A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The incumbent develops training curriculum, content, and competency assessment processes to meet regulatory requirements for PDC’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) department. This role is responsible for building and measuring organization competency in EHS related topics. This role works in a matrixed environment as a member of the HR team and EHS team.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Maintain knowledge of training best practices and delivery media;
- Create PDC's safety, air quality, and environmental compliance training curriculum;
- Support population of data in and use of PDC's EHS data management systems (e.g. ACTS);
- Develop and maintain updates to curriculum and content for PDC New Hire Orientation;
- Develop a training strategy to delivery content via various media (e.g. instructor led, computer-based, video, etc.);
- Develop and maintain templates and tools to enhance EHS training delivery;
- Assist subject matter experts in creation of training content as directed;
- Bring innovative ideas to enhance the training experience for customers;
- Support Assets in delivery of training (e.g. coordinating with 3rd party, technical support, etc.);
- Develop feedback channels and mechanisms from which training effectiveness can be evaluated;
- Provide mechanism for and facilitate post-training support (i.e. answer questions from training attendees, provide reinforcement training, etc.);
- Maintain training records;
- Support upkeep of DJ Basin Field Manual and future creation of other Basin Field Manuals;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required at direction of the HR & EHS Management Teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Ability to partner with a wide range of stakeholders and translate complex information into digestible content;
- Knowledge of learning styles and modes of presenting content;
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) and data management systems;
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety training preferred;
- Ability to assess training effectiveness;
- Demonstrated track record in attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter;
- Flexibility to work in an evolving regulatory environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent organizational skills.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- 2+ years’ experience in Learning & Development or related discipline;
- Bachelor’s degree required.