A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Production Engineer performs engineering duties under the direction of the Sr. Production Engineer for the Wattenberg Production team. The Production Engineer will assume responsibility for production area’s and collaborate with various departments such as: Field Ops, Geology, Land and Accounting, as well as other engineers in a team environment to help execute development. In addition, this person will coordinate with operations personnel and vendors in the field to optimize both production and operating expenses in horizontal wells as well as vertical wells.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Monitors properties to ensure target production rates are being met while seeking out optimization opportunities in a challenging production environment;
- Identify, design and help implement economic workovers and production enhancement projects including advanced artificial lift technology;
- Evaluate LOS reports and ARIES datasets to seek out production enhancement opportunities or recommend plug and abandonment;
- Perform well reviews with field production staff;
- Interact closely with field office to ensure optimization of production and operating expenses;
- Provide engineering and mentoring support to the team as needed;
- Assist in general petroleum engineering projects as requested by the Sr. Production Engineer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Functional knowledge/expertise in:
- Economics (Aries)
- Background in production engineer with emphasis on knowledge of critical rate, artificial lift, compression and nodal analysis;
- Strong Excel and PC skills in general, a must with experience in MS Office/Access, ARIES, Spotfire, Rodstar/XPOC and FEKETE modules preferred;
- Highly organized, results oriented, not afraid to take initiative and have a willingness to learn;
- Detail oriented, logic based decision making, critical thinking, project management and ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter, flexible, influential and assertive when required;
- Approachable, yet respected.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Frequent travel to the Wattenberg field as needed.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job
- Engineering degree (petroleum, chemical preferred);
- 6+ years of industry related experience; 3+ years Production Engineering experience preferred. .