A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Senior Completions Engineer provides completion leadership and engineering support for PDC’s Delaware Asset. This role has a strong focus on completion operations evaluation and studying capital program results to improve future efforts, with oversight of field operational personnel. The engineer works closely with multi-disciplined team to implement findings and continually improve the completions process and operations.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Develop procedures and designs for the entire completions process, including but not limited to toe preparations, hydraulic fracture stimulations, drill outs, etc., for newly drilled horizontal wells in the Delaware Basin. Key drivers are safety, environment, capital efficiency, and production results;
- Provide engineering and operational leadership to junior engineers and field based staff and work closely with those team members throughout the completion process;
- Develop and maintain data sets for analysis using key performance indicators focusing on production performance improvement and increased efficiency;
- In addition to new horizontal well completions, design and implement completions and workovers for other wells, such as SWD and artificial lift installation and replacement, as applicable;
- Provide technical support for field operations and other departments as necessary;
- Lead and participate in well reviews with internal team and key service providers;
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Well Execution Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Solid engineering skills;
- Operational knowledge, i.e. completions, production, facilities, and drilling;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team setting;
- Strong working knowledge of current industry completions practices;
- Knowledge of hydraulic fracturing design/modeling and applicable programs;
- Understanding of lab techniques surrounding fracturing, cement, and water testing;
- Close coordination and communication with field personnel;
- Strong computer skills, especially data analytical tools;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Must have strong sense of integrity;
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and to manage multiple deadlines.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- This position will directly oversee field based team of Completions Foremen;
- Mentor junior engineers on the team.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Frequent travel to field locations in Texas.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering preferred with Mechanical/Chemical Engineering degree possibly considered;
- Permian basin experience preferred;
- 8+ years relevant engineering experience in Oil and Gas E&P.