A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The responsibilities of the File Management Specialist include collaborating and managing well file projects; timely review and processing of documents, both electronic and paper; formatting files as necessary for compatibility; and working closely with all Business Unit stakeholders.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Design, develop, maintain, manage, and update company Well File Repository;
- Develop Document Control procedures for documentation processes and work-flow implementation;
- Ensure processes are in place across the organization to sustain integrity in the system and monitor the company’s adherence to the procedures;
- Review well files for completeness and adherence to document control guidelines;
- Coordinate with staff and prepare documents for acquisition and divestiture activities;
- Design and maintain data tracking tools;
- Provide support and evidence in data management activities, and attend relevant meetings for organizational support;
- Assistance with project set-up and development;
- Coordinate with staff on well file projects;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Experience working with optical charter recognition software (.net, python etc.);
- Knowledge of or experience working with/developing file management software;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to capture and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level;
- Able to work among cross-functional teams;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge/experience of data modeling and analysis, production of visuals (charts, graphs, etc.) and presentations;
- Able to multi-task, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines;
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of relative experience;
- Oil and gas experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study.