A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Responsible for working with several cross functional teams to develop programs, standards and processes on strategic and tactical projects in designated basin(s) to maximize the value and compliance of assets.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Coordinates program or project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Establishes project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitors, reviews, and evaluates progress;
- Participates in project budget planning and development;
- Coordinates and attends meetings; establishes and maintains internal and external contacts as necessary;
- Provides advice to participants; serves as a liaison; Ensure resource availability and allocation by Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. May supervise other project staff; assigns tasks; sets priorities;
- Acts as a project resource person by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and preparing reports;
- Successfully manage the relationship with business contacts and all stakeholders. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
- Lead and facilitate Program Steering Team meetings and decisions;
- Work with Program Steering Team to identify and allocate Project resources as required;
- Prepares records of project activities; oversees and ensures the timely processing in and the delivery of required materials;
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all data and information used or generated by project; resolves any discrepancies or problems;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Sponsors and stakeholders maintain visibility of the progress of the program against the agreed upon schedule;
- Establish and gain stakeholder alignment for a program governance structure and steering team;
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Vice President of Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment;
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, including client-facing and internal communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with wide range of people; ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision;
- PMP certification is preferred;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Minimal travel involved.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field required;
- Previous business/process improvement experience;
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in project management;
- 5+ years related professional experience.