A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Revenue Accountant has the primary responsibility of assisting the relevant Revenue Staff and the relevant Revenue Manager with timely distribution of revenue checks and reporting the related revenues and expenses to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to assist with preparation of monthly financial statements. This position is structured to be filled either by an entry level candidate or with a seasoned applicant.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Assist with or maintain responsibility for the preparation of monthly reconciliations related to the Distribution GL accounts;
- Assist with and accurately allocate sales volumes and revenues to individual properties and cost centers;
- Support or perform monthly revenue distribution processes;
- Review purchaser statements to determine accuracy of payment and verify deductions are reasonable;
- Prepare or assist in the monitoring of suspended revenue payments and compliance with state escheat reporting and remittance requirements;
- Work to create more efficient processes and procedures and identify opportunities to streamline current processes;
- Set up and maintain revenue decks, tax & deduction components, and other revenue related master file data;
- Assist with customer relations by addressing inquiries from external and internal sources;
- Assist in the external and internal audit processes by providing support for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analyses, etc.;
- Oversee year-end tax processes including 1099s, K-1s and DR21Ws;
- Assist with partnership distributions, reporting requirements and various projects associated with winding down the partnerships;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Possesses intermediate technical PC skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrates problem solving, documentation, and research and resolution skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the revenue department and with peers in other departments;
- Detail oriented professional with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in a professional and discretionary manner;
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks and manage work flow;
- Works with purpose and a sense of urgency, deadline focused, and commitment driven.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no initial supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting is required, or strong experience in Oil & Gas Accounting, with specific experience in Revenue Distribution will be considered as a substitute to a BS Degree in Accounting;
- Zero to two plus years accounting experience;
- New graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Oil & Gas experience preferred.