A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
This position analyzes budget and forecast financial information compared to actuals to understand performance and produces consolidated reports and presentations; performs ad hoc analysis to equip leadership with insight.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Analyze budget to actual data to understand financial performance, for G&A, Production costs, Capital, Production and other key metrics.
- Monitor and update corporate metrics to reflect financial performance;
- Support the Sr. Manager of FP&A in evaluating all the major pieces of financial performance;
- Produce and present key presentations and reports including analysis for variances;
- Collaborate with the business, especially department heads and asset teams, to gather and understand budget and forecast data;
- Collaborate with department heads and HR to create G&A budget and update forecasts;
- Collaborate with internal reporting to provide budgeting and forecasting data and analysis for key reports and presentations;
- Prepare other analysis and economic evaluations as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong analytical, presentation and documentation skills;
- Ability to probe for answers and solve problems;
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling and budgeting;
- Strong knowledge of economic valuations (ROR, IRR, NPV);
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive budget information in a professional manner;
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and prioritize work within the time constraints of a deadline focused function;
- Willingness to own their work and seek coaching where needed;
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Strong knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and tools (SAP preferred);
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent of that with a normal work environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field required;
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in Oil and Gas;
- Budgeting and Forecasting Experience.