A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
This position provides tactical, entry level support to the rest of the FP&A team, responsible for pulling and gathering data, checking numbers to verify accuracy, and creating first drafts of presentations and reports.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Support the Sr. Budget & Forecast Analyst as they conduct the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecast estimates for expenditures and revenues;
- Provide monitoring of department progress on budgets and forecasts;
- Support the Sr. Financial Analyst as they conduct regular and ad hoc analysis;
- Pull production and financial data as needed to feed into analysis;
- Check numbers in presentations and reports to verify accuracy;
- Initial preparation of data population of budget to actual analytic reports;
- Create first drafts of financial presentations and reports to be reviewed and updated by the Sr. Financial Analyst, such as the Production and G&A presentations and similar G&A reports;
- Investigate data for some accounts, pulling together data and analyzing as needed;
- In partnership with the Sr. Financial Analyst, collaborate with the business, especially department heads and asset teams, to gather and understand budget and forecast data;
- In partnership with the Sr. Financial Analyst, collaborate with Internal Reporting to provide budgeting and forecasting data for key reports and presentations;
- In partnership with the Sr. Budget & Forecasting Analyst, collaborate with department heads and Human Resources to create G&A budget and update forecasts;
- Provide ongoing analysis, investigation, and support to the FP&A team, including completing other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills;
- Ability to probe for answers and solve problems;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive budget information in a professional manner;
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and prioritize work within the time constraints of a deadline focused function;
- Willingness to own their work and seek coaching where needed;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting systems and tools (SAP preferred, Enersight preferred).
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent of that with a normal work environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required;
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in Oil and Gas;
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).