A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The E&P Accountant assists in the preparation of inputs into closing and reporting processes in regards to SEC reporting requirements and financial/operational information for internal management reporting; assists basin accounting team with basic accounting tasks and responsibilities.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Assist in gathering information and data for the preparation of financial statements and reports to SEC;
- Assist in the internal and external audit process by providing support and explanation for the information and data provided;
- Assist in preparing and analyzing internal documents used in the closing process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis;
- Ensure compliance with and documentation of relevant and adequate internal controls;
- Provide assistance to basin accounting team as need in other areas of accounting, financial reporting, and operational reporting;
- Complete all activities related to Field Material Transfers (FMTs) for the assigned basin;
- Manage capital leases;
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong attention to detail and consistent ways of working and reporting;
- Strong analytical and documentation skills;
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and prioritize work within the time constraints of a deadline focused function;
- Ability to work effectively with other members of the basin accounting team;
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new ideas and apply new concepts.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent of that with a normal work environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field required;
- 1-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in Oil and Gas;
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry preferred;
- Knowledge of accounting systems and tools (SAP preferred).