A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Lead Accounts Payable Associate will participate as a member of the Accounts Payable Team and will coordinate and lead or supervise activities of the Accounts Payable Associates engaged in calculating, processing, posting and verifying accounts payable transactions. The Lead Associate will serve as a resource for the Accounts Payable Associates and AP system users as needed, identify and analyze workflow issues, recommend or implement measures for improvements; monitor processing of invoices; and assist in coordinating payment processes. This will also include accurate and timely recording of transactions and the establishment and adherance to timelines and deadlines.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Motivate and train the team of accounts payable associates;
- Assist Accounts Payable Associates with any issues or questions that may arise;
- Assist with the monthly accounting close processes;
- Suggest improvements and lead implementation of improvement initiatives;
- Promptly address vendor inquiries;
- Track processing of invoices requiring special payment or turnaround;
- Work with Accounts Payable Supervisor, Manager, and staff members to ensure that department work activities proceed smoothly and resources are allocated as needed;
- Prepare journal entries as necessary;
- Assist in invoice and payment processing; ensure and validate appropriate approval authority, general ledger coding, and
- compliance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with the annual 1099 reporting to the appropriate Payees and to the IRS;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Possess advanced technical PC skills including Excel and Word;
- Strong problem solving, documentation, research, and resolution skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of staff and management, as well as with vendors;
- Detail oriented professional with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in a professional and discretionary manner;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage work flow;
- Works with purpose and a sense of urgency, deadline focused, and commitment driven;
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgement, analysis and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
This position will have responsibility to coordinate and lead or supervise the activities and workload of the Accounts Payable Associates Team.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Associates degree or higher;
- 7+ years relevant experience preferred but not required.