A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Responsible for daily operations of assigned oil and gas wells to include all processing equipment and production facilities. Must evaluate and maintain peak production performance for each individual well on assigned route.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Optimize each well on assigned route given daily operating conditions;
- Responsible and accountable for managing all fluids on assigned route;
- Check all equipment daily and make normal repairs by troubleshooting site situations;
- Accurately report all regulatory items on a daily basis;
- Report problems requiring additional help or equipment to Supervisor;
- Accurately record meter readings, pressures, and production volumes;
- Perform job functions with concern for safety and environment;
- Work professionally and respectfully with landowners and all others at all times;
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Production Foreman.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Must be computer literate to include use of laptop and related technologies;
- Must be a self-starter. Possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must possess the ability to operate manual tools related to well maintenance to include, but not limited to, shovels, wrenches, rakes, etc.;
- Basic math skills required to calculate tank volumes and gas flow rates;
- Willingly ask questions and seek direction from supervision;
- Shows enthusiasm for learning and represents self professionally;
- Understands and meets quality standards;
- Follows existing policies, practices, and procedures while adhering to company safety precautions;
- Able to follow objectives and tasks that are set by supervisor;
- Applies basic skills and appropriate procedures within assigned area;
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed instructions;
- Reports any non-routine procedure to supervisor;
- Shows initiative by actively seeking advanced knowledge.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Position is 80% outside environment. Worker is subjected to weather elements and worker must be accustomed to performing tasks in potentially adverse conditions;
- Potential overtime may be required.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- High School diploma;
- Preferred oil and gas experience;
- Valid driver's license with driver’s record acceptable by PDC Energy insurance carrier;
- Must pass drug screening prior to employment;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical ability test.