A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Senior E&P Accountant has the key responsibility for the preparation of month, quarter and year-end journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics and the preparation of internal documents and analyses used in the closing and reporting processes for SEC reporting requirements and financial information for internal Management reporting. The Senior E&P Accountant works closely with the Financial Accounting and Operations teams and other departments to provide accurate reporting.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Prepares and analyzes internal documents used in the financial closing and reporting process, including journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Prepares depreciation entries, performs fixed asset accounting, and prepares and records leases entries;
- Assists in preparation of financial statements and reports to the SEC;
- Assists in the internal and external audit process by providing support and explanation for Financial information;
- Ensures compliance with and documentation of relevant and adequate Internal Controls;
- Provides assistance as needed in other areas of financial and operational reporting;
- Works on or leads complex projects on a team or independent basis;
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Manager E&P Accounting, as well as certain other Financial and Operational personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and Oil and Gas accounting;
- Possess advanced technical PC skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical, documentation and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of management;
- Detail oriented professional with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in a professional and discretionary manner;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage work flow;
- Works with purpose and a sense of urgency, deadline focused and commitment driven.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
While there are no initial direct supervisory responsibilities for this position, the Senior Accountant demonstrates the ability to lead others on project or work efforts and serve as a resource or mentor for other staff, and will, therefore, be available to formally supervise staff on an as needed basis.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, or Finance / Economics with Accounting emphasis;
- 3+ years of experience, oil and gas experience preferred;
- CPA preferred;
- Strong Accounting system knowledge and experience (BOLO or SAP preferred).