Min $19.57/hr Max $23.93/hr
Bonus Target 10%
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Installation, maintenance, repair, and general labor associated with all phases of oil and gas production equipment. Operation of equipment such as hand tools and power washer as directed by supervisors.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Performs work associated with pipefitting of oil and gas production equipment;
- Assists skilled oil and gas personnel as directed;
- Performs routine work in such trades as pipefitting, painting, operating forklift, organizing yard material, and other tasks of similar nature;
- Assist in maintaining work truck to safely and effectively perform construction and maintenance tasks;
- Performs duties as a helper in oil and gas maintenance operations;
- Performs such duties as field operation of power washer as directed;
- Works according to all relevant industry safe working practices;
- Must be able to move items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds to a height of forty (40) inches to service various components of equipment on well sites;
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder and utilize stairs to work at heights up to 20 feet to service equipment on well sites;
- Must be able to traverse uneven terrain to access well sites;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Knowledge of machines and tools commonly used in the oil & gas industry;
- Possess physical strength needed to perform construction & maintenance duties;
- Basic math knowledge used in common calculations;
- Must be a self-starter;
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must possess the ability to safely operate all vehicles involved in roustabout work.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Field Operations Specialist 1
- Competency – Willingly asks questions and seeks direction from supervision. Shows enthusiasm for learning and represents self professionally. Understands and meets quality standards.
- Responsibility – Duties and tasks are routine, standard and repetitive. Follows existing policies, practices, and procedures while adhering to company safety precautions by taking guidance from supervision.
- Problem Solving – Refers questions and problems to higher levels. Objectives and tasking are set by supervisor. Applies basic skills and appropriate procedures within assigned area.
- Teaming – Works under direct supervision and follows detailed instructions. Reports any deviations from routine procedure to lead / supervisor. Shows initiative by actively seeking advanced knowledge.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no initial supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Outdoor work requiring heavy physical labor and frequent exposure to heat and cold.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Developing incumbent with limited job-related experience and developing position specific skills;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license with drivers record acceptable to insurance carriers by PDC;
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background investigation;
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical ability test.