Min $106,000/yr Max $129,500/yr
Bonus Target 15%
Equity Target 15%
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The individual in this position will provide analysis, design, implementation and support for PDC Energy’s Microsoft infrastructure, LAN/WAN and VoIP systems, VMware environment, and DR and storage solutions. The incumbent will also be responsible for end user support with emphasis on supporting server-side components such as Antivirus Server Administration, Enterprise mobility management, Software and OS Patch Deployment, and AD Account Management.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Administers and analyzes existing IT infrastructure and application deployments to develop requirements for the design and implementation of new or revised network and computer systems;
- Sets up and maintains network backup / recovery hardware / software;
- Designs and recommends network, storage and system changes and expansions;
- Sets up and maintains all user access for PDC enterprise systems;
- Interfaces with IT staff and business systems end users to support enterprise applications for internal and external customers;
- Administers technical support for hardware maintenance including manufacture firmware/code updates; repairs or replaces defective hardware on clients and servers, as necessary; expedites repairs with outside services;
- Maintains physical and virtual infrastructure for the enterprise;
- Monitors system logs and activity on all servers;
- Manages Windows account maintenance, including adds, changes and removes;
- Manages Windows security features to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access;
- Researches, installs and tests software updates and patches to support enterprise-wide applications and various operating systems;
- Evaluates selects and applies proven techniques, procedures and criteria, in making enhancements and modifications to the corporate network infrastructure including network, server and desktop related hardware and software; organizes the tracking of hardware and software modifications to the network infrastructure;
- Develops and documents approaches, procedures, standards, and guidelines to ensure the efficient handling of network and voice upgrades, system implementations, break/fix incidents, and service monitoring;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Experienced engineer in Microsoft Windows 2012/2019 Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Office 365, backup and storage technologies, VMware vSphere and knowledge in designing and implementing scalable and secure networks;
- Knowledge of and experience working with Windows server & client operating systems, Active Directory, Backup solutions (Avamar preferred), and SANs (EMC preferred);
- Hands on skills with implementing and supporting Oil and Gas applications is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization concepts and experience with VMware;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in personal computer hardware and network systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a team and foster team cooperation;
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Support Services Professional 3
- Competency – Possesses thorough working knowledge of own discipline and is acquainted with other disciplines. Conducts advanced assignments under guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Responsibility – Fully competent in standard techniques, procedures and criteria used in carrying out a sequence of tasks. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of job duties applying new information and concepts. May have responsibility for planning and executing project s and regular workload.
- Problem Solving – Assists in developing recommendations for more difficult and complex issues. Presents recommendations and builds on ideas of others. May serve as lead on projects.
- Teaming – Works effectively with other disciplines and departments. Provides assistance or supervision to less experienced employees. Takes an active part in team meetings and decisions.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no initial supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs;
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation;
- Required to work on-call during planned maintenance and/or emergencies;
- Frequent travel to all PDC offices required.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Accomplished incumbent typically possessing a minimum of 5 years job related experience, established position specific skills, and working knowledge of other inter-departmental functions;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred;
- MCSE / VCP certifications desirable;
- Previous Oil & Gas experience preferred but not required;
- Valid driver’s license required.