Min $121,500/yr Max $148,500/yr
Bonus Target 15%
Equity Target 15%
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Senior SAP Systems Analyst will be responsible for the SAP financial accounting and operations business support and project enhancement functions. This role will be responsible for providing technical and functional expertise in the SAP Finance (FI) and Controlling (CO), Material Management (MM), and serve as a backup functional resource in supporting the Project Systems (PS) and Asset Management (AM) modules. A core responsibility of this role will be to provide functional guidance in the processes, and procedures of the Materials Management (MM) module to meet current and future operational business needs. This role will be accountable for translating business requirements into application system solution, lead small and large-scale business and system enhancement projects, provide functional, technical configuration and process support for FI/CO/MM/PS/AM modules and ensure system integrity.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Provide technical and functional expertise in the SAP Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO), Material Management (MM), Project Systems (PS) and Asset Management (AM) modules;
- Provide functional guidance on the processes, and procedures of the Materials Management (MM) module to meet current and future operational business needs;
- Translate business requirements into application system solutions and perform FI/CO/MM/AM/PS modules configuration tasks;
- Identify, document, highlight and escalate issues related to FI/CO/MM/AM/PS applications;
- Develop/manage detailed configuration and testing of the SAP system modules to meet functional business requirements;
- Responsible for the technical design, construction, testing and delivery of the system based on functional business requirements;
- Prepare training materials and conduct end-user training;
- Lead key business enhancement activities and provide technical and process support in FI/CO/MM/AM/PS applications;
- Serve as direct point of contact to functional stakeholders to analyze and troubleshoot system and process issues;
- Provide functional FI/CO/MM/AM/PS module expertise, define business objectives and encourage end-user adoption process;
- Define and implement the strategy of testing into specific projects/enhancements. The testing strategy includes definition and approach of various types of testing: regression, integration, user tests, validation, performance, automation;
- Ensures that the test strategy satisfies the requirements of business stakeholders and IT team members;
- Develops test execution schedule for testing activities and establishes testing milestones;
- Develop test plans, perform system and process enhancement testing and coordinate all issue resolution efforts;
- Monitor system utilization effectiveness and provide process enhancement guidance;
- Coordinate with other module owners and assist with SAP JVA/PRA projects and system support tasks as required and actively;
- Provide system and process control guidance and engage in audit compliance functions;
- Interact with all business stakeholder levels and work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of SAP COE;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- SAP Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO), Material Management (MM), Project Systems (PS) and Asset Management (AM) with S/4 HANA project experience;
- SAP functional competency in SAP Materials Management (MM) module and understanding on Material Management business processes is required;
- Strong oil & gas accounting skills and understanding of GAAP preferred;
- Must have a strong understanding of financial & operational reporting relating to projects and assets management, and financial accounting closing process;
- Proficiency in configuration and integration points between FI/CO/MM/AM/PS and other SAP core modules;
- Ability to work independently, efficiently collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Support Services Professional 3
- Competency – Possesses thorough working knowledge of own discipline and is acquainted with other disciplines. Conducts advanced assignments under guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Responsibility – Fully competent in standard techniques, procedures and criteria used in carrying out a sequence of tasks. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of job duties applying new information and concepts. May have responsibility for planning and executing project s and regular workload.
- Problem Solving – Assists in developing recommendations for more difficult and complex issues. Presents recommendations and builds on ideas of others. May serve as lead on projects.
- Teaming – Works effectively with other disciplines and departments. Provides assistance or supervision to less experienced employees. Takes an active part in team meetings and decisions.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no initial supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal work environment;
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation;
- Required to work on-call during planned maintenance and/or emergencies;
- Frequent travel to all PDC offices required.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Accomplished incumbent typically possessing a minimum of 5 years job related experience, established position specific skills, and working knowledge of other inter-departmental functions;
- At least 6 years of SAP experience and familiarity with oil & gas accounting preferred;
- Good understanding of accounting and transactions related to the SAP FI/CO/MM/AM/PS modules, reporting and other project & asset accounting concepts;
- Strong awareness of SAP FI/CO/MM/AM/PS technical capabilities and limitations, as well as the ability to transform functional requirements into workable solutions;
- Strong hands-on experience with SAP configuration in FI/CO/MM/AM/PS modules;
- Experience in creating functional specifications and enhancement testing;
- Experience in developing & executing testing strategy for project & enhancement efforts;
- Experience with testing tools (e.g. qTest) and automated regression testing is a plus;
- Working knowledge of SAP AM/PS activities (i.e. CAPEX vs OPEX, AUC, and settlements, acquisitions, DD&A, retirement, reporting, etc.);
- Strong understanding of integration between MM/AM/PS and FICO modules is required.