A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Production Engineer II performs engineering duties under the direction of the Lead Production Engineer for the Wattenberg asset. The Production Engineer will assume responsibility and lead for production area’s and collaborate with various departments such as: Field Ops, Geology, Land, EHS and Accounting in a team environment to help execute development plan. In addition, this person will coordinate with operations personnel to optimize both production and operating expenses in horizontal wells as well as vertical wells. The Production Engineer will also execute value add projects to the company based on knowledge of Production Engineering discipline with focus on data analytics.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Monitors properties to ensure target production rates and LOE are being met while seeking out optimization opportunities in a fast-paced production environment;
- Identify, design and help implement economic workovers and production enhancement projects including artificial lift technology;
- Evaluate LOS reports and production datasets to seek out performance enhancement opportunities while interacting with field staff;
- Provide engineering support on high-quality engineering and operational projects and presentations focused on engineering findings, and other technical items to asset team with focus on accurate and professional products;
- Understand and evaluate current facility designs and provide recommendations for enhancements to improve productivity, economics, and/or regulatory compliance;
- Participate in technical committees that align with company goals;
- Participate in company ESG efforts;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
Advanced knowledge/expertise in:
- Background in production engineer with emphasis on knowledge of downhole functions such as: critical rate, artificial lift, plunger lift, production chemicals and nodal analysis;
- Strong Excel and PC skills in general, with experience in MS Office/Access/SQL, ARIES, Spotfire, Rodstar/XPOC and FEKETE modules preferred;
- Technical writing skills;
- Highly organized, results oriented, not afraid to take initiative and have a willingness to learn;
Functional knowledge/expertise in:
- Operational knowledge of E&P functions, i.e. completions, production, facilities, and drilling;
- Self-starter, flexible and assertive when required;
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and to manage multiple deadlines;
- Collaborates with other departments;
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Exploration & Production Professional 2
- Competency – Possesses applied knowledge of discipline used to carry out assignments under moderate guidance.
- Responsibility – Imparts valuable contributions and maintains a high standard of work while conducting assignments under supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Problem Solving – Objectives are set in conjunction with supervisor for tasking. Applies knowledge and experience to solve problems.
- Teaming – Has joint responsibility as a team member for department/project results. Shows initiative by actively seeking advanced knowledge. Takes an active role in team meetings and decisions.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no initial supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Frequent travel to the Wattenberg field as needed.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Accomplished incumbent possessing a minimum of 4 years job related experience, established position specific skills. Possesses working knowledge of inter and cross departmental functions;
- Can demonstrate knowledge/expertise in skills from Section III above.
- Engineering degree (petroleum, chemical preferred);
- Minimum 4+ years of engineering related experience; 3+ years Production Engineering experience preferred.
PDC ENERGY VALUES
- Integrity – We live by our word. We strive to be fair and honest, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and are known for doing what we say we will do.
- Stakeholder Focus – We treat stakeholders fairly. We aim to exceed internal and external stakeholders’ expectations by understanding their needs and requirements to ensure we deliver on our commitments. We collaborate with our fellow employees, investors, partners, service providers and communities in a transparent manner that builds trustworthiness.
- Performance Driven – We are driven to excel. We demonstrate our commitment to achieving quality results through visible leadership, sound growth, financial discipline, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Teamwork – We are one company. We will succeed far beyond our individual contributions through effective teaming. Each of our contributions and roles are critical to ensure our collective success.
- Respect – We foster respect. We respect each other through our actions, the environment and the health, safety and well-being of our employees as well as the communities where we live and work.