This position will be working a 7 x 3 / 8 x 3 schedule – seven days on, three days off followed by eights days on, three days off.
Min $25.75/hr Max $31.57/hr
Bonus Target 10%
Multiple opportunities available.
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Responsible for daily operations of assigned oil and gas wells to include all processing equipment and production facilities. Must evaluate and maintain peak production performance for each individual well on assigned route.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to be successful.
- Optimize each well on assigned route given daily operating conditions;
- Responsible and accountable for managing all fluids on assigned route;
- Check all equipment daily and make normal repairs by troubleshooting site situations;
- Accurately report all regulatory items on a daily basis;
- Report problems requiring additional help or equipment to Supervisor;
- Accurately record meter readings, pressures, and production volumes;
- Perform job functions with concern for safety, compliance and the environment;
- Work professionally and respectfully with landowners, coworkers and others at all times;
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Production Foreman;
- Must be able to move items weighing up to fifty five (55) pounds to a height of forty (40) inches, and move items weighing up to thirty five (35) pounds to a height of seventy five (75) inches to service various components of equipment on well sites;
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder and utilize stairs to work at heights to service equipment on well sites;
- Must be able to traverse uneven terrain to access well sites;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Must be computer literate to include use of laptop and related technologies;
- Must be a self-starter. Possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must possess the ability to operate manual tools related to well maintenance to include, but not limited to, shovels, wrenches, rakes, etc.;
- Basic math skills required to calculate production volumes, tank volumes and gas flow rates;
- Willingly ask questions and seek direction from supervisor;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and initiative for learning and seeking advanced knowledge;
- Follows established policies, practices, and procedures while adhering to company safety processes;
- Working under direct supervision, is able to follow detailed instructions and tasks set by supervisor;
- Performs basic skills and follows appropriate procedures within assigned area;
- Demonstrates professionalism in all circumstances;
- Reports any non-routine situation to supervisor.
REQUIRED CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
These specific minimum attributes are required for the designated Career Progression classification.
Field Operations Specialist 1
- Competency – Willingly asks questions and seeks direction from supervision. Shows enthusiasm for learning and represents self professionally. Understands and meets quality standards.
- Responsibility – Duties and tasks are routine, standard and repetitive. Follows existing policies, practices, and procedures while adhering to company safety precautions by taking guidance from supervision.
- Problem Solving – Refers questions and problems to higher levels. Objectives and tasking are set by supervisor. Applies basic skills and appropriate procedures within assigned area.
- Teaming – Works under direct supervision and follows detailed instructions. Reports any deviations from routine procedure to lead / supervisor. Shows initiative by actively seeking advanced knowledge.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no supervisory aspects associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Position is 80% outside environment. Worker is subjected to weather elements and worker must be accustomed to performing tasks in potentially adverse conditions;
- Some overtime may be required.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Developing incumbent with limited job-related experience and developing position specific skills;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Minimum two years of experience in the oil & gas industry is preferred;
- Oil & gas production experience is preferred;
- Valid driver's license with driver’s record acceptable by PDC Energy insurance carrier;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical ability test.